Any questions or concerns regarding this policy should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What Information We Might Collect: When you use the Services, you agree to provide us with certain information, such as described below:
- Account Information: In order to fully utilize the Services, including communicate on Birdie websites, post review or suggestions, you must register for an account. This can include your name, email address you used to register, profile picture, birthdate, location, and any other information you provide us. The personal information that you provide to us may reveal or allow others to identify aspects of your life that are not expressly stated on your profile (for example, your picture). You understand that by creating an account and filling out information on your profile, Users (as well as our company) will be able to identify you by your Birdie profile. Users can search for you by your username or your registered email address. You also may give us permission to access your information in other services. For example, you may link your other social media accounts (such as Facebook, Twitter, 2 Tumblr, etc.) to Birdie, which allows us to obtain information from those accounts (like your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies so please check those policies as well.
- User Content: User Content is only accessible by registered users and cannot be seen by the general public that has not registered for Birdie. However, Birdie cannot control how Remember that this information may remain indefinitely in the publicly accessible area of the Service. You are solely responsible for any information that you disclose and disseminate on publicly accessible areas. We may collect all information that you contribute or upload to the Birdie websites, including ratings, comments, wishlists, and account profile information. We may display this information publicly through the Birdie websites, use it to enhance the Birdie experience (including allowing for you to have more personalized recommendations with respect to products that showcases on the websites), and share it with third party partners. If you have a concern about any personally identifiable information you have posted on any publicly accessible areas and are unable to delete or edit it, please contact email@example.com immediately.
- Contacts: You can invite your friends to join Birdie by providing us with their contact information, or by allowing us to access your contacts from your computer, mobile device, or third party sites to select which friends you want to invite. You acknowledge that by using Birdie Services, such as “Invite Friends,” “Recommend to a Friend” and “Share my Wishlist,” you may be sending this invitation outside of our website to that person by providing their email address. This message is not a spam message from Birdie since it is user-generated even though the invitation will come from our website. Also note by sending it to this user, you are sharing their contact information with us. For example, if you choose to invite someone to the Service through our “Invite Friends” feature, you may select a person directly from the contacts list on your device and send an email. You also understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because this invitation is coming directly from you, we do not have access to or control this communication.
- Communications: When you sign up for an account, you are opting to receive messages from Birdie. We may send you messages relating to the availability of the Services, security, or other service-related issues. We may also send you marketing communications. Note that if you contact us (even if you are not a member), we may keep your message, email address and contact information so we can respond to your request.
- Third Party Tools: We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Service. We collect and use this analytics information with analytics information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User. Third-party ad partners may share information with us, like a browser cookie ID, website URL visited, mobile device ID, or cryptographic hash of a common account identifier (such as an email address), to help us measure and tailor ads. For example, this allows us to display ads about things you may have already shown interest in off of our Services. Further, we allow third parties to look-up profile information using your email address or username. When you visit or leave our Services (whether as a Member or Visitor) by clicking a hyperlink or when you view a third-party site that includes our plugin or cookies (or similar technology), we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came or the one to which you are directed. We also receive the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the web, your computer operating system details, your type of web browser, your mobile device (including your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system), your mobile operating system (if you are accessing Birdie using a mobile device), and the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. We may also receive location data passed to us from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have set up. Most mobile devices allow you to prevent real time location data being sent to us.. Also, if you have opted to bind your Birdie account to your Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or other similar account, you can share content from our Services to these third party services, in accordance with your account settings (which you may change at any time) and respective policies of these third parties. Note that we allow the option to share and we will never post on your behalf.
- How We May Use and/or Share Your Information: We collect the above information to help provide and improve the Services and protect Users. We may use information collected to offer you customized content, such as suggested locations or reviews, provide you with activity updates involving you and allow you to more easily find your friends. Information about our Users is an important part of our business, and your personal private information is never for sale. Here are the other ways we may use or disclose information we collect:
- User Consent or Direction: We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party web client or application to access your account. Other users may share or disclose information about you, such as recommend a location to you. If you’ve shared information with another user who accesses Birdie through a third-party service, keep in mind that the information may be shared with the third- party service.
- Violations/Disabled Accounts: Any violation against our Terms of Service can result in banning a User. In the event that profiles are imposters and/or reviews or comments are inappropriate, reported, or flagged as inappropriate, we have the right to delete the comments and disable the account as necessary without warning. We may ban a User from accessing their profile if we feel that harm is being caused to other Users. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
- Links: The Services may contain links to unaffiliated third party services. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them. Birdie is not responsible for the privacy practices of any other party or website and we suggest you read the privacy policies on or applicable to all such third party services. We may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our email notifications, third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means.
- Investigations: We may share your personal information in order to protect the legal rights of our company, our employees, our agents, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, to detect and protect against fraud, or to comply with law or legal process. It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information, profile information, or information about your activities as a Member or Visitor when required by law, subpoena, or other legal process, or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to: Investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual illegal activities or to assist government enforcement agencies; Comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; Enforce the Terms of Service, investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations, or protect the security or integrity of our Service; Exercise or protect the rights, property, reputation, or safety of Birdie, our Members and Users, affiliates, personnel, or the public. We will attempt to notify Members about legal demands for their personal information when appropriate in our judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. In light of our principles, we may dispute such demands when we believe, in our discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority, but do not commit to challenge every demand. If you have a concern or complaint about content created by others through the Services, Birdie may share the substance and nature of your complaint with the contributor of that content in order to provide an opportunity for the contributor to respond. g. Business Transfers: If another company acquires some, or all of the assets of Birdie, we may share your personal information with that company and that company may use and disclose personal information for purposes similar to what is described in this policy. Birdie 9 may also share personal information with prospective purchasers to evaluate the proposed transaction. We limit access to information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We may retain personal information, for a limited period of time, if requested by law enforcement. Our Customer Service may retain information for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only, but we generally de-personalize closed account data., except in the case of our plugin impression data (i.e., the information that you visited on sites carrying our social plugin, but which you did not click on), which we de-personalize within 14 days (although we do maintain 90 days worth of webserver logs for security, debugging, and site stability purposes only) by creating aggregate data sets that cannot be traced back to individuals. 10 We store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and services to you and others, including those described above. Information associated with your account will be kept until your account is deleted, unless we no longer need the data to provide products and services. You may delete your account any time.
- Our Commitment to Security: We take protecting our users’ personal information very seriously and utilize follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of electronic communications or storage is 100% secure. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards. Therefore, while we strive to ensure that your personal information is protected, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Please know that the Internet is not a secure environment so be careful, select strong passwords and keep your password a secret. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. As stated earlier, Birdie employees will never ask for your password. Access to your data on our Services is password-protected, and data is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Services. We also offer secure https access to the Birdie website. To protect any data you store on our servers, we also regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we use a tier-one secured-access data center. Please note that emails, instant messaging, and similar means of communication with other Members are not encrypted, and we strongly advise you not to communicate any confidential information through these means. Your privacy settings may also be affected by changes the social media services you use to connect to Birdie. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
- What You Can Do If You Have a Privacy Complaint or Question: Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be clear and concise so that we may identify the exact issue. For content to be considered for removal, an individual must be uniquely identifiable. In the description area, please specify what you are wearing or doing that differentiates you from others within the photo or post. 11 If you are reporting a comment made, please include the commenter’s username in the username field. Note that privacy complaints must be first-party claims. We do not accept claims on behalf of third parties (such as family members, co- workers, employers, etc.) except in the following situations: the individual whose privacy is being violated does not have access to a computer, is a vulnerable individual, is a minor, or is deceased you act as a legal representative for the individual whose privacy is being violated If we remove your User Content for a privacy violation, please do not upload another version featuring the same content. These individuals will likely file another privacy complaint or report you for harassment. We are serious about protecting our users and suspend accounts that violate people’s privacy. People who engage in continuous harassment are subject to being banned from the Services. We do not review or accept agreements that grant consent before the photo or review was uploaded and will remove the photo or review based on the filed complaint. If a privacy complaint is filed, the Birdie team will then review the complaint. At no point will your identity or contact information be released to the uploader without your consent. Our communications to you about this process will be sent to your registered email address.
- Deceased User: In the event of the death of a Birdie member, please contact us. We will usually conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request.
- Our Policy on Minors: Birdie is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 13. We do not intentionally collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we take steps to remove such information and terminate the child’s account. If you are under the age of 13, you can look at our websites, but you should not submit personal information to us.